It is currently Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:28 pm

Login with a social network:

2001: WCW Lives V1.1

The place to find all downloads
Worker avatar

2001: WCW Lives V1.1

Post by Genadi » Sun Oct 09, 2016 9:12 am » { SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK }Share on TwitterShare on Google

"WCW Lives"
Version: 1.1
Start Date: May 2001

~ Hype Video ~
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9se6byr ... WgOK4og6wA

*** TDWCW & WCWLives Version 1.1 Change List ***
* Changed Don Callis Mic Skill (68 to 79)
* Deleted Rain (Duplicate)
* Deleted Hulk Hogan Starting Absence (In WCWLives)
* Fixed WWF European Title Lineage
* Fixed Rose Garden Location
* Fixed Booker T's Starting Injury
* Fixed Several Typos
* Other ninja like tweaks

Important Notes & Stuff
* To reflect the WCW/Time Warner contract situation a handful of workers have been set to Starting Absences in the editor.
If you'd like to remove them before the game starts to hire any of them earlier the list is as follows....

Alex Wright (60 Weeks), Bam Bam Bigelow (52 Weeks), Bill Goldberg (60 Weeks), Hulk Hogan (24 Weeks), Jeff Jarrett (20 Weeks),
Kevin Nash (40 Weeks), Lex Luger (72 Weeks), Rey Misterio Jr (24 Weeks), Ric Flair (24 Weeks), Rick Steiner (24 Weeks),
Road Warrior Animal (20 Weeks), Scott Steiner (24 Weeks), Sting (40 Weeks),

* MCW was one of the WWF's development territories at the time but to make things sim better in the long run HWA has replaced a few months early.
Any workers on development deals working in MCW at the time have been signed to HWA or OVW on the same type of contracts. A handful of workers who were working for
MCW under WWF development had their contracts cut for balance purposes. The list is as follows for those who'd like to add them prior to starting a game.

WWF - Aguila, Freddie Blassiem, Kevin Kelly, Terri Powers ( aka Tori),
WWF Development - Joey Abs, Pete Gas, Rodney, Bryan Danielson (Current ECWA Tag Team Champion)

* The following workers were assigned to OVW or HWA to balanace the main rotster... Shawn Stasiak, Mark Jindrak

* Goldberg is the only WCW worker starting absent due to his Time/Warner contract, after a lengthy discussion we decided not only would it be the most likely scenario but also add an extra challenge to booking WCW.

Data 1.1
WCW_Lives V1.1.zip

mSp 2.0
http://www.mediafire.com/file/c0yc1xik3 ... Sp_2.0.zip

Enjoy :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Worker avatar

Re: 2001: WCW Lives V1.1

Post by The Final Countdown » Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:43 pm

Great work as always! I haven't run any shows yet, I've just been checking things out in the editor. I can already tell I'm going to have a blast with this mod. The eventual Summer of Punk might have to take a backseat in my plans!

When exactly did Booker T hurt his shoulder in 2001? Was it at some point after the final Nitro?

I personally doubt that Kevin Nash would join up with the new WCW rather than sit at home and collect a paycheck from AOL Time Warner, but I guess that's subjective. I definitely don't think Sid would though, especially with the leg injury.

Post by Edgars » Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:03 pm

In this version in WCW bio is stated that it was sold to Vince McMahon too...
Todd Gordon should be spelled as Tod + his bio states that he is an owner of ECW, when it should be former owner...
James Maritato and Tony Mamaluke is not a tag team in DB...
17 years old Sterling James Keenan who have been in business for one year have a scouting level 7 for in-ring, 8 for entertainment and 8 for gimmick...
Stevie Ray have a colour skill 0 while have his default push as colour commentator...
Arn Anderson should have hatred relationship with Sid Vicious...
WCW backstage rating at the start of the game is 92% (!?!), which can't reflect a reality by any means...
Lance Hoyt bio states that it was released by TNA on April 26, 2009... (really!?! in a mod that is set to start in May 2001)...
There are a lot of bios that needs to be reviewed, because it looks like workers were imported from different mods from different time periods and they don't make much sense for the time where this mod is set!

Worker avatar

Post by YoungNoble » Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:11 am

RVD & Sabu have no tag experience

Worker avatar

Post by Captain23222 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:02 am

Looking forward to giving this a try. Not sure if I'm brave enough to start out with no main eventers but we'll see.

Worker avatar

Post by The Final Countdown » Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:36 pm

I don't think Jushin Liger should be a freelancer. He may work a show or two in other companies here or there, but New Japan had already been his home for over 15 years by this point. He should have loyalty to NJPW.

Worker avatar

Post by Genadi » Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:46 am

The Final Countdown wrote:Great work as always! I haven't run any shows yet, I've just been checking things out in the editor. I can already tell I'm going to have a blast with this mod. The eventual Summer of Punk might have to take a backseat in my plans!

When exactly did Booker T hurt his shoulder in 2001? Was it at some point after the final Nitro?

I personally doubt that Kevin Nash would join up with the new WCW rather than sit at home and collect a paycheck from AOL Time Warner, but I guess that's subjective. I definitely don't think Sid would though, especially with the leg injury.

Thanks TFC, sorry for late reply been a busy week!

I'm not sure off the top of my head but if I recall Booker's shoulder was hurt, it was a case of him taking the opportunity after the final nitro to recover I think it was. I'll review before next update just to make sure it's right.

We discussed Nash in pretty great detail amongst the team. He's similar to Hogan in that if it wasn't Eric as owner & booker they prob wouldn't have stayed in. He's got a match top wage clause and some other minor contract details to try and keep it as realistic as possible. But Nash is definitely the one with the biggest case for exclusion (along with Hogan) so I totally understand why you wouldn't want him on starting roster :)

Sid is another good case, may have been overlooked and happy to review him for next version.

Thanks for feedback TFC, appreciate it mate and looking forward to any work you may post here in the future!

Worker avatar

Post by Genadi » Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:49 am

Thanks for all the notes on fixes, typos etc. Will review for next version.

On WCW starting backstage, 92% seems about right considering it's an alt mod. New beginnings and all that jazz. If you can give specific examples of relationships that warrant an add or other things that would bring down the backstage I'm happy to discuss and review.

As with all suggestions for future edits ..... Please be specific.

Post by Lostrelms » Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:56 pm

Alter Boy Luke, and Luke Hawx are both in the data. Isnt that a duplicate?

Worker avatar

Post by Captain23222 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:19 pm

Not sure if you'd know why this is happening but I'm playing as WCW, I have Nitro currently being shown in several countries including Canada and I'm noticing that my popularity in Canada is rapidly falling. Its gone from 30 to 14 all over while everywhere else I'm gaining popularity.

I'm constantly putting on 80 rated shows and Canada is the only place that I'm seeing this.

Dynasty: View Dynasty (16)

Post by alvarasus » Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:44 pm

Will look into it but it helps you actually run shows there.

Post by S_Joker » Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:24 pm

Having a lot of fun playing as WCW. Currently in November.
I´ve found some fixes that need to be done, but I didnt appoint them so I cant say much. Overall you guys really should give another look to the tag teams, since it seems that there are a lot of them missing.

Worker avatar

Post by Jaysin » Sun Oct 16, 2016 12:04 am

S_Joker wrote:Having a lot of fun playing as WCW. Currently in November.
I´ve found some fixes that need to be done, but I didnt appoint them so I cant say much. Overall you guys really should give another look to the tag teams, since it seems that there are a lot of them missing.

If you come across teams you feel are missing, make a note of them and pass it on to us so we can add them.

Post by S_Joker » Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:35 pm

Jaysin wrote:
S_Joker wrote:Having a lot of fun playing as WCW. Currently in November.

If you come across teams you feel are missing, make a note of them and pass it on to us so we can add them.

Sure.

Post by S_Joker » Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:53 pm

Johnny the Bull and Big Vito once removed as a tag team will no longer show any tag experience even if you add them again as one.

Worker avatar

Post by Fleisch » Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:06 pm

Is there a plan to assign the free workers? I'm only asking as if not I will be happy doing them myself.

Post by highdefoverdose » Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:17 am

Does TNA still open in this mod? As it seems that JJ only created TNA in response to WCW closing, or does he have a hatred relationship with Hogan and Bischoff due to the whole debacle with Russo? Which means WCW can't sign him and he still ends up opening TNA?

Post by S_Joker » Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:43 pm

Another thing that should be adress in this mod is the creation of WWA, since they were only created in October and probably would not have been created if WCW was still in existence.

Worker avatar

Post by Fleisch » Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:12 pm

Couple of picture mistakes I've noticed. TNT in Australia has Savio Vega as his picture (albeit Savio Vega in his TNT gimmick). I think the pic should be set to the one titled "TNT Kid".

Hollywood has Hollywood from GLOW as his picture, which is pretty funny as she's a girl and did make me chuckle. Not game breakers as I'll just replace the pics myself for now but thought you'd like to know.

Worker avatar

Post by Jaysin » Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:33 pm

S_Joker wrote:Johnny the Bull and Big Vito once removed as a tag team will no longer show any tag experience even if you add them again as one.

That has nothing to do with the mod. It's either an issue with what you're doing or the game itself.

What exactly are you doing?

Post by Slim Jim » Sat Nov 12, 2016 6:15 pm

Jaysin wrote:
S_Joker wrote:Johnny the Bull and Big Vito once removed as a tag team will no longer show any tag experience even if you add them again as one.

That has nothing to do with the mod. It's either an issue with what you're doing or the game itself.

I'm guessing (haven't checked to be sure) that the tag team are set in the editor as a team in a specific promotion and the OP is running that promotion. He didn't wanted Johnny & Vito as a team so removed them from his tag team list rather than set them to inactive, and then when he went to add them back, because they had only been created as a team in the company, they didn't have their previous experience level. This is something I've encountered before in a different game (don't think it was a Mod Squad db) and can be 'solved' by adding the team generally as well as promotion specific.

Post by S_Joker » Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:15 pm

Slim Jim wrote:
Jaysin wrote:

I'm guessing (haven't checked to be sure) that the tag team are set in the editor as a team in a specific promotion and the OP is running that promotion. He didn't wanted Johnny & Vito as a team so removed them from his tag team list rather than set them to inactive, and then when he went to add them back, because they had only been created as a team in the company, they didn't have their previous experience level. This is something I've encountered before in a different game (don't think it was a Mod Squad db) and can be 'solved' by adding the team generally as well as promotion specific.

Bingo. Also, theres a lot of teams like that, wich is a turn off.

Worker avatar

Post by bro4dway » Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:14 am

Terry Funk's default gimmick was accidentally set to Blue Chipper. :p

Worker avatar

Post by bro4dway » Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:38 pm

Apologies for the double post, but I'm worried these fixes might not be noticed if I edit them in since so many days have passed since my last one...

-RVD is set as a Regular Wrestler when Spot Monkey is probably more appropriate. IMO he should be Bold instead of Timid as well.
-Mean Gene and Jeremy Borash have Negative momentum, which means every interview segment you use them in gets penalties that can feel kind of unfair considering they're both more than competent interviewers in real life. Borash is also set as a heel when he probably shouldn't be.
-Headhunter B is set as Portuguese instead of Puerto Rican.
-Maybe give Shawn Stasiak a bump in Comedy and Crazy performance skills? He was pretty fun as Planet Stasiak in WWE and with Jindrak, O'Haire, and Palumbo around he's not got a lot going for him as a legitimate future star.

In any event, I'd just like to say that after spending some time booking WCW with this data I've definitely found it to be the best take on this mod to date. The main event scene is pretty rough (especially in my game as I have Flair, Nash, Luger, and Goldberg all sitting out their deals for realism's sake) but there are just enough people to keep it going between the Steiners, DDP, Sting, Jarrett, and Booker T. I've also had great success in building the Cruiserweight and Cruiserweight Tag Team belts by bringing in a slightly trimmed down RVD as the division's ace, Juvi/Psicosis/Aguila as a trio of dastardly heels I've dubbed Los Bandidos, and Jushin Liger on a (for realism) PPA basis. I've got Jindrak and Palumbo still holding the Heavyweight Tag Team belts and coming along as workers thanks to good matches with uber heels Lance Storm and Mike Awesome (rechristened "The Awesome Storm" after they renounced their Canadian loyalty on an episode of Nitro in Canada; I felt like the Team Canada shtick had run its course by this point) and a bunch of newly formed/signed teams edging their way into contention. Konnan is white hot because I've got him as US Champion and have given the title a weekly defenses rule loosely based on Cena's recent real life run with it. His momentum is through the roof and the regular highly rated title defenses are making me worry the US title will eventually eclipse the Big Gold! Righting the seemingly doomed ship WCW is an uphill climb because almost nobody has any momentum at first and most of the people that do are the people who need to keep it, but between signing new faces and booking the right people the right way it's definitely doable.
I'm having more fun with this data than just about any TEW game I've ever played and I wanted to thank you all for the hard work!

Dynasty: View Dynasty (2)

Post by crackerjack » Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:45 am

Hello Genadi! I know that y'all are working on the 2011 mod right now, but I figured I'd give you some stuff I found in the mod that could be added. Just finished two months of WCW here - so there may be more to come:

Some tag teams can be added, a lot coming from ECW -
EZ Money(Jason Jett) & EZ Money as Hot Commodity
Simon Diamond + Johnny Swinger as Simon & Swinger
Sabu + Rob Van Dam
Tajiri + Mikey Whipwreck as The Unholy Alliance
Blue Meanie + Stevie Richards as the bWo
Disco Inferno + Alex Wright as The Boogie Knights
Lance Storm + Justin Credible as The Impact Players

A couple of relationship things that could added...
TAFKA Prince and Dean Malenko should have some relationship, as I think Dean got Prince into WCW. I might be wrong on this one, but, if so, they should have a mentorship or friendship.
Steve Corino + Allison Danger need a Blood Relative relationship
WCW has no locker room leaders, which seems a little bit weird. Maybe Dusty and/or Arn?

And Dawn Marie has no popularity. She probably should be at the same level as an Electra or Jazz

Other than that, this save is going great! I got Bam Bam to be cool with Rehab, but the Cat won't stop doing steroids. Ric Flair's upset cause he's got a low momentum, even after I let him go over Sting. Don't know what to do with him yet...

Post by DatIsraeliGuy » Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:25 pm

crackerjack wrote:Hello Genadi! I know that y'all are working on the 2011 mod right now, but I figured I'd give you some stuff I found in the mod that could be added. Just finished two months of WCW here - so there may be more to come:

Some tag teams can be added, a lot coming from ECW -
EZ Money(Jason Jett) & EZ Money as Hot Commodity
Simon Diamond + Johnny Swinger as Simon & Swinger
Sabu + Rob Van Dam
Tajiri + Mikey Whipwreck as The Unholy Alliance
Blue Meanie + Stevie Richards as the bWo
Disco Inferno + Alex Wright as The Boogie Knights
Lance Storm + Justin Credible as The Impact Players

A couple of relationship things that could added...
TAFKA Prince and Dean Malenko should have some relationship, as I think Dean got Prince into WCW. I might be wrong on this one, but, if so, they should have a mentorship or friendship.
Steve Corino + Allison Danger need a Blood Relative relationship
WCW has no locker room leaders, which seems a little bit weird. Maybe Dusty and/or Arn?

And Dawn Marie has no popularity. She probably should be at the same level as an Electra or Jazz

Other than that, this save is going great! I got Bam Bam to be cool with Rehab, but the Cat won't stop doing steroids. Ric Flair's upset cause he's got a low momentum, even after I let him go over Sting. Don't know what to do with him yet...

Everyone's doing steroids. EVERYONE.
At some point I gave up sending to rehab, I just fine or suspend them if they're important or fire if they're dispensable

Worker avatar

Post by The Final Countdown » Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:11 am

All Japan's World's Strongest Tag Team tournament title is set as a singles title.

Worker avatar

Post by Fleisch » Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:45 pm

So I'm going through this and making changes for my own preferences and updating my data based on what people have reported, but noticed Nattie Neidhart needs to be set to blood relative with Bret, Bruce, Owen, Ross & Stu Hart as currently she has no relationship with them. Thought I'd let you know.

Post by DatIsraeliGuy » Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:02 am

So I just signed The Rock for 125,000 a week. Which is the maximum amount.

This gon be good.

Worker avatar

Dynasty: View Dynasty (7)

Post by Lucas » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:24 am

I remember in our 97 multiplayer game (Me vs Genadi), we both offered Tyson the max amount possible on contracts, he chose WWF (me) than WCW :D
Head Administrator of Wrestling Nexus Boards.

Post by DatIsraeliGuy » Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:56 am

Lucas wrote:I remember in our 97 multiplayer game (Me vs Genadi), we both offered Tyson the max amount possible on contracts, he chose WWF (me) than WCW :D

Hah, nice.
But I believe I offered him a bigger signing bonus and wage matching (even though he can't have any higher wages lol)

Is it a bit cheating? Perhaps, but so is loading the game again after he agreed for WWEs offer a few days earlier which was 20,000 less than what I gave him, so I don't know

Topic prefixes:

Return to Downloads