It is currently Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:28 pm

Login with a social network:

2001: The Death of WCW V1.1

The place to find all downloads
Worker avatar

2001: The Death of WCW V1.1

Post by Genadi » Sun Oct 09, 2016 9:12 am » { SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK }Share on TwitterShare on Google

"The Death Of WCW"
Version: 1.1
Start Date: May 2001

~ Hype Video ~
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9se6byr ... WgOK4og6wA

*** TDWCW & WCWLives Version 1.1 Change List ***
* Changed Don Callis Mic Skill (68 to 79)
* Deleted Rain (Duplicate)
* Deleted Hulk Hogan Starting Absence (In WCWLives)
* Fixed WWF European Title Lineage
* Fixed Rose Garden Location
* Fixed Booker T's Starting Injury
* Fixed Several Typos
* Other ninja like tweaks

Important Notes & Stuff
* To reflect the WCW/Time Warner contract situation a handful of workers have been set to Starting Absences in the editor.
If you'd like to remove them before the game starts to hire any of them earlier the list is as follows....

Alex Wright (60 Weeks), Bam Bam Bigelow (52 Weeks), Bill Goldberg (60 Weeks), Hulk Hogan (24 Weeks), Jeff Jarrett (20 Weeks),
Kevin Nash (40 Weeks), Lex Luger (72 Weeks), Rey Misterio Jr (24 Weeks), Ric Flair (24 Weeks), Rick Steiner (24 Weeks),
Road Warrior Animal (20 Weeks), Scott Steiner (24 Weeks), Sting (40 Weeks),

* MCW was one of the WWF's development territories at the time but to make things sim better in the long run HWA has replaced a few months early.
Any workers on development deals working in MCW at the time have been signed to HWA or OVW on the same type of contracts. A handful of workers who were working for
MCW under WWF development had their contracts cut for balance purposes. The list is as follows for those who'd like to add them prior to starting a game.

WWF - Aguila, Freddie Blassiem, Kevin Kelly, Terri Powers ( aka Tori),
WWF Development - Joey Abs, Pete Gas, Rodney, Bryan Danielson (Current ECWA Tag Team Champion)

* The following workers were assigned to OVW or HWA to balanace the main rotster... Shawn Stasiak, Mark Jindrak

* Due to several starting absent workers and the over bloated WWF starting roster Eddie Guerrero is auto pushed to main event. This was unavoidable without sacrificing balance elsewhere.

Data 1.1
2001_May V1.1.zip

mSp 2.0
http://www.mediafire.com/file/c0yc1xik3 ... Sp_2.0.zip

Enjoy :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Worker avatar

Re: 2001: The Death of WCW V1.1

Post by gr8macca87 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:13 pm

great to see this mod out finally love it!! just one thing i skipped forward to 2002 to play as ROH and noticed the promotion does not open till June 2002. ROH opened in Feb 2002. is this a error or is it done for a reason??

great works Mod Squad loving all your Mods!!

Post by WWF87 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 4:49 pm

Some of the pics are not linking right Hollywood is linking to Glow's Hollywood And Valiente is linking to a girl pic.

Post by loulou » Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:43 pm

The AJPW Worlds strongest tag team title is set as a singles title instead of a tag title. Very annoying getting to December and finding that out.

Also WWF's description is set to the default one from 1997, update it because it makes it sound like WWF is losing a battle when WCW is dead right now.

And HHH bio has typo's in it.

Thats what I found so far so thats sort of good.

Post by mrwhippy » Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:34 am

Daijiro Matsui is listed as White and speaks only English.

Post by mr_matt » Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:26 pm

Leaving Adrienne Reese in the data when there is already Athena I think is becoming the new Genadi Easter egg. :p

Worker avatar

Post by Genadi » Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:13 am

mr_matt wrote:Leaving Adrienne Reese in the data when there is already Athena I think is becoming the new Genadi Easter egg. :p

Maybe I left it in for just one person..... Maybe :p

Or maybe I forgot :whistling

Worker avatar

Post by Genadi » Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:14 am

Thanks for all of the feedback and notes for change guys. Will definitely review all for next update.

I'll be honest with you all..... I've opened and closed the TEW editor every day for the last 5 days without doing anything. Hopefully I'll regain the gust of momentum I had last week, I am trying my hardest.

Worker avatar

Post by kieran.mws » Sun Oct 16, 2016 2:19 am

Really enjoying the mod. 2001 was a fantastic period for wrestling and the mod reflects that.

The only thing I wish was changed was the descriptions of some of the companies and bios to relate more to 2001, but that's about it.

Thanks again, guys.
''Life’s greatest gift is the freedom it leaves you to step out of it whenever you choose.''

Post by floric » Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:06 pm

Still loving this. I really don't think I've ever had more fun with a historical mod in TEW before, not exaggerating.

That being said, some more things I've noticed while playing:
- Matt Bentley/Michael Shane should have a blood relation to Shawn Michaels.
- I have no clue what happened here, but I just had a random backstage segment with Al Snow and Dean Malenko and it said that the latter really struggled because of the language barrier. (I know he wasn't the greatest worker on the mic but come on :D) They're both fluent in English though? The only difference between them is Dean speaks basic Japanese. Oh yeah, and Malenko is set to be based out of Kanto (Japan) which I don't think was the case during his US runs.
2nd EDIT: Good god, I'm stupid. The AI booked my show in Puerto Rico, so obviously there was a language barrier. Duh.

- a bunch of Tag Teams could/should be included in the database like Williams & Gordy, the Rock'n'Sock Connection, Harlem Heat, RVD & Sabu, Benoit & Jericho, the FBI, the Filthy Animals, the Boogie Knights, Jindrak & O'Haire, Crowbar & Flair, the Mamalukes, D'Lo & The Godfather, Kane & X-Pac, Road Dogg & X-Pac, the Impact Players, and so forth.
Last edited by floric on Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Worker avatar

Post by TsuMirren » Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:17 pm

Genadi wrote:Thanks for all of the feedback and notes for change guys. Will definitely review all for next update.

I'll be honest with you all..... I've opened and closed the TEW editor every day for the last 5 days without doing anything. Hopefully I'll regain the gust of momentum I had last week, I am trying my hardest.

Awwww, you poor widdle wabbit! Just get on it!

Worker avatar

Post by Genadi » Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:46 am

FM launched last night, Civ 6 tonight and FIFA 17 has been fun.

This widdle wabbit is struggling to find enjoyment back in the modding station.

Post by loulou » Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:46 pm

on GDS we're told to come here to give feedback on things needed changing, but whats the point if you dont actually update it? Just sounds like a way to get your website hits up or something.

Worker avatar

Post by Filth » Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:39 pm

loulou wrote:on GDS we're told to come here to give feedback on things needed changing, but whats the point if you dont actually update it? Just sounds like a way to get your website hits up or something.

How fast do you expect them to work? Is modding TEW their jobs now and you're paying them? Who are you to decide how they should be spending their free time and how much of it should be set aside to provide you a free service? If you've got that much of a problem with the turnaround on updates, do it yourself.

Worker avatar

Post by Filth » Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:39 pm

*edited for accidental double post*

Post by loulou » Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:19 am

its been like 3 weeks and it makes them always promoting themselves on GDS useless if they dont actually do anything, get lucha underground avatar man to stop always saying go to wrestlingnexus if you dont want me to bring up the fact that op is being lazy. Hes even said in this thread hes opened it like 5 times and just closed it. Makes signing up useless.

Worker avatar

Dynasty: View Dynasty (7)

Post by Lucas » Fri Oct 28, 2016 4:17 pm

loulou wrote:its been like 3 weeks and it makes them always promoting themselves on GDS useless if they dont actually do anything, get lucha underground avatar man to stop always saying go to wrestlingnexus if you dont want me to bring up the fact that op is being lazy. Hes even said in this thread hes opened it like 5 times and just closed it. Makes signing up useless.

Hey Lou, thanks for posting.

And signing up isn't useless - lest I remind you more mods have been pushed out by the team here than ever before in the same timeframe from a TEW release. We all have our own lives, personal commitments and do this out of a labour of love. I completely understand being frustrated that something hasn't been updated, but that doesn't mean it won't.

As and when we're ready to post updates we will do. Just remember sometimes GDS may take a month between updating a game with a patch even they are paid to do, but you wouldn't post there that you think they are being "lazy".

If you want to contribute then we're more than happy to take feedback but do keep it constructive and have some perspective as well. A lot of collective man hours have gone into producing these mods, we're entitled to some down time as we see fit - but nobody is entitled to complain about something they get for free. It's completely useless for you to do so, you're not being made to download and play them. It's great that you enjoy them and we appreciate it, just bear in mind the bigger picture when providing feedback and try and be nice about it.

Cheers,

Lucha Underground Man.
Head Administrator of Wrestling Nexus Boards.

Post by loulou » Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:28 pm

I was in a mood sorry.

Post by Mootinie » Sat Oct 29, 2016 11:12 am

Really looking forward to booking both mods when I can find the time but here's a few things I picked up on that affect my immersiveness.

- TAKA Michinoku is described as having tremendous charisma. But his charisma stat is 52, lower than Steve Blackman who is described as lacking charisma. I told Beejus that I'd shoot for 70-75 charisma for him. Maybe it didn't come across on US TV, but TAKA was tremendously charismatic when working as a villain in Japan, particularly his matches teaming with Dick Togo and Terry Boy. You can watch them on ECW's first ever PPV to see what I mean.

- Charles Robinson's bio says he works for WCW. WCW is dead.

- Chavo Guerrero Jr's bio describes him as a rookie despite him being an 11 year pro at this point. I wouldn't call him a veteran but he was definitely a consumate professional and a solid hand at this point.

- Christian's bio makes no mention of him signing with WWF, nor The Brood, nor their great ladder match with The Hardyz or anything. His bio is as if it was written in 1996 or something when him and Edge were just breaking into the business.

- The word 'exactly' is spelled incorrectly in Chuck Palumbo's bio.

- Eddie Guerrero's bio reads as though he's still employed by WCW and makes no mention of the Radicalz arrival, which was a pivotal moment in the Monday Night War as it represented WCW's mishandling of talent being a positive for the Fed. The same can be said for Chris Benoit's bio too, which even goes as far as calling him a carbon copy of the Dynamite Kid... which isn't really all that true at all. Say what you want about him as a person but that's a huge disservice to his talents; he was, at one point, one of the elite wrestlers in the world.

- Funaki is described as a master on the mic. Again, splitting hairs and all but a Microphone stat of 68 and a Charisma stat of 62 (FOR SMACKDOWN'S NUMBER ONE ANNOUNCER!) does not exactly ring true to that description does it?

- Brian Christopher's bio makes no mention of his transition to Grand Master Sexay, nor his tag team with Scotty Too Hotty. I don't give two hoots about Christopher but Too Cool had their moment in the sun and his bio should reflect that.

- Gene Okerlund's Microphone stat is 75 and his Charisma is 42... I'd shoot for as high as 100 on Microphone, the man is the greatest interviewer of all time but a Microphone stat of 75 is lower than Bruce Prichard, Ed Ferrara (whose name is spelled wrong in your database) and a 1-year-pro CM Punk? Come on.

- Jim Ross' bio says he was the voice of WCW for a long time without making any mention of him now being the voice of WWF, nor any of his more famous character traits that make him the greatest announcer in wrestling. When I think Jim Ross, I don't think about his run as the WCW lead announcer. I think GOOD GOD ALMIGHTY, you know?

- Kurt Angle's bio reads as though he's just been signed and is still in development. At this stage, he had arguably the greatest run that any young wrestler has ever had in the business. He made his WWF debut and was WWF Champion within a year, steadfastly becoming one of the best all-round talents in the world and arguably the best that WWF had to offer.

- Nick Patrick's bio says he's head referee in WCW. WCW is dead.

- Austin is described as having been recently hampered by a neck injury. He's done a lot in the years following that so maybe it's worthwhile mentioning that he almost single-handedly won the "Monday Night War" for WWF. We are, at 2001, a little past Austin's neck injury being news-worthy.

- Taz's bio reads like it hasn't been updated since 1994. He's called The Tazmaniac, a name he dropped years ago and his bio makes no mention of his wrestling career at all. He's a two-time ECW Champion, he beat Kurt Angle in his WWF debut, he won the Hardcore title numerous times and had a fun tag title reign with Spike Dudley before retiring. I think it might be worth mentioning some of that or at the very least updating his name in his bio to 'Tazz'.

- The Goodfather's bio doesn't make mention of his transition to that gimmick from The Godfather.

- The Rock's bio neglects to mention his turn around to a babyface superstar after his heel run. It reads like a bio from the 1998 mod that hasn't been updated for this one, it even talks about his de-facto potential when that had been realised at this point and he was a superstar.

- "A thinking wrestler in the he has had a fantastic run" is a sentence in Triple H's bio. It again reads like a bio from 1998 that hasn't been updated, mentioning nothing from post joining DX with HBK, not even his great heel run or his matches with Foley that put him on the map.

- Vince McMahon's bio says he's fighting a losing battle and barely keeping his company alive. He's won the battle. WCW is dead.

- Pro Wrestling NOAH's bio makes no mention of Misawa forming the company, nor why it was formed, nor the exodus from AJPW that led to the formation. It was literally written from two sentences in their Wikipedia article, with one being taken completely out of context when added to the TEW bio. NOAH's formation was a historic moment in Japanese wrestling as it presented the first real competition to the big two in a long, long time. So much so that AJPW was forced to work with NJPW in order to make sure both companies could continue to thrive after the AJPW roster exodus.

- Booker T is described as presently being one of the casualties of WCW's bloated roster. He won the title numerous times and now WCW is dead. He's no longer a casualty of their bloated roster, he's one of their hottest commodities post-death and perhaps the one dude that is likely to go on to bigger and better things in the Fed.

- Bryan Danielson's bio describes him as being signed to WWF developmental. But he's only signed to ECWA, not Memphis Championship Wrestling who is WWF's developmental promotion that aren't in the database.

- Goldberg's bio hasn't been updated in a long time. He does say he exploded onto the scene but it says he's still learning his craft. I'd say at this point, he was perhaps more than a green NFL guy breaking in, wouldn't you agree? :P

Post by mr_matt » Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:44 pm

Scott Hall & Kevin Nash need pre-set tag team experience since there is no pre-set chemistry between the two.

Worker avatar

Post by Gungner » Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:39 pm

Should Chyna really be angry over MY handling of an incident from March, when the game starts in May?
If she is to be mad, atleast give her something else to be mad about :p

Worker avatar

Post by Jaysin » Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:58 pm

Gungner wrote:Should Chyna really be angry over MY handling of an incident from March, when the game starts in May?
If she is to be mad, atleast give her something else to be mad about :p

Yes, it's by design so that she's more likely to leave the company as she did in reality. By this point it was basically a done deal that she wasn't sticking around.

Worker avatar

Post by Gungner » Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:43 pm

Fair enough...
Another thing I've noticed: There are a lot of people with relationships with dead people...

Post by TerraRyzin246 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:58 pm

Buff Bagwell, in his title history, lists him as holding the NWA World Heavyweight title in 1961 to 1962 as Buddy Rogers. Only thing I've noticed, outside of it being an awesome mod.

Post by jaf5003 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 4:38 pm

So I am excited to play this, but have always wanted to start a little earlier then 2001, actually I've wanted to begin my scenario in 2000. But I dont want to lose the scenario aspects such as yet to debut stars, or WCW actually going backrupt, or start sitting out their wcw contracts. Whats the best way to do this? Should I edit the database (workers/titles/year etc.) to start in 2000? COuld I somehow start an earlier scenario (like 1999) and switch out some data files in 2001?

Post by hammerglenn » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:53 pm

A1 and Alastair Ralphs are the same person

Post by visualb » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:25 pm

I can't find KUSHIDA in the mod. Is he there by another name?

Post by lukkearthur » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:07 am

Mark and Jay Briscoe are missing their relationship and so are Alison Danger and Steve Corino

Post by TerraRyzin246 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:30 am

Also Matt Hardy and Lita dating, and Shane McMahon being already married to someone outside the business, among missing tag teams and all, but they're really no big deal. But in case an update ever occurs to the mod.. those two are off the top of my head.

Topic prefixes:

Return to Downloads