It is currently Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:27 pm

Login with a social network:

[TEW2016] 1998: The Art of War

The place to find all downloads
Worker avatar

[TEW2016] 1998: The Art of War

Post by Genadi » Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:13 am » { SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK }Share on TwitterShare on Google

The Art Of War
June 1998
Version 1.1.1

[vid]https://player.vimeo.com/video/177422918[/vid]

*** Important notes and stuff ***

A number of contracts were deleted. The reason was either the worker wasn't working consistently enough to warrant an add or weren't important enough overall in consideration of the roster positions. In some cases workers were changed to Occasional Workers. For players who want to add those guys contracts anyway the list is as follows. Please note doing this will throw the starting roster positions a little out of whack....

WCW Contracts Deleted: Chase Tatum, Dave Taylor, Jerry Flynn, Magnum Tokyo, Villano IV & V, Super Calo, Silver King, El Dandy, The Renegade, Reese, Mike Enos, Kendall Windham

WWF Contracts Deleted: Jose Estrada Jr, Jesus Castillo, Miguel Perez Jr, Brian Lee, Don, Harris, Ron Harris, Paul Ellering

WWF's Development Territory was World Wrestling Alliance at the time, however I've set it up so Power Pro Wrestling for several reasons.

ECW Contracts Deleted: Jack Victory, J.C. Ice, Tommy Rogers, Paul Diamond, Nicole Bass, Ulf Herrman

Data

TAOW 1.1.1.zip

Pic Pack (Latest mSp)
http://www.mediafire.com/download/2eff1 ... Sp_1.1.zip

PDF to come...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Worker avatar

Re: 1998: The Art of War

Post by Genadi » Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:14 am

Thanks for everyone who posted feedback, hope you enjoy.

Post by cultstatus » Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:42 am

I downloaded 1.1 and installed it but it still says 1.0 in the description.

Worker avatar

Post by Genadi » Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:07 am

Sorry that's my bad it's definitely 1.1 will update now with correct version stated.

Post by mr_matt » Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:48 am

Just a small note that there is still the duplicate data of Adrienne Reese and Athena. Keep Athena in the data as she is based in Mid South, which is the region she worked. I think she even continued to live here in Texas well after working SHIMMER shows and didn't move to Florida until signing her WWE development deal.

Post by Owen Rey » Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:55 pm

Just want to say Genadi, love the avatar :p

Worker avatar

Post by Gabriel » Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:50 pm

As I am still playing 1.0, I am unsure if these have been addressed, but here are more of my findings.

-Danny Spivey is listed as an active wrestler, but was forced to retire in 1995 and didn't return to the ring until two decades later. I would make him a Retired Wrestler who can act as a Road Agent.

Post by Mootinie » Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:41 pm

Toshiaki Kawada shouldn't be set as a Heel. In fact, I suggest turning the Face/Heel divide off for All Japan. It was personalities going up against other personalities, unlike New Japan's more black and white approach at the time.

Post by Mootinie » Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:48 pm

"Kobashi is a master of strong style" is in one of the bios. Contrary to some belief, Kings Road (the stiff All Japan style) is not Strong Style. Inoki's faux MMA matches and the vale tudo era of shoot wrestling and hyper-realism is Strong Style.

And if you're not going to make Misawa the figurehead of AJPW (can injured people be figureheads?), can you remove the line in his bio about him being the Ace? The Figurehead feature was implemented to simulate Ace's like him and modern day Tanahashi after all.

Post by Mootinie » Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:43 pm

The Real World Tag League needs adding as a tournament title in All Japan to be held every November. List of previous winners can be found here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World%27s ... ion_League

I'll dig to try and find a picture of a trophy.

Worker avatar

Post by Mildly-Amusing » Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:45 pm

I don't if its on purpose for a joke but Ron and Don Harris's profiles are switched, so it says Ron teams with his brother Ron. Just a minor thing :P

Post by jeanvic » Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:34 am

Looking forward to playing this alongside Montreal Aftermath. Alternate realities.

Two questions: why are WWF's finances set at $50,000,000 and WCW's only at $25,000,000 when in the MA mod, which starts only six months earlier, WWF's finances are set at $10,000,000 in comparison to WCW's $25,000,000? Was there a real world motivation for this or should I edit it for the best experience?

Secondly, why is Austin's popularity set at the highest of B+ outside of America but Hogan is set at A everywhere? Surely, at this point in wrestling history, Austin was the hottest thing going. You don't become the biggest draw in history by being less popular than Mr Bollea. Again, though, is there a reason for this?

One final thing: I think the work you're all doing is tremendous. The rate at which these mods are coming, and the consistent quality they're released at, is laudable, and I would like to thank you all for providing we humble fans with hours of fun.

Worker avatar

Post by joemurphy » Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:52 am

Few AJPW updates

Change Product to No Heels / Face to allow better simulation

Remove Hiroshi Hase NJPW Contract and add a PPA deal to AJPW, he only did 4 matches in 1998. 1 in May and 3 in July all for AJPW.

Change Giant Baba from Retired to Active Wrestler, he wrestled regularly until the end of the year.

Add Gedo and Jado to AJPW on PPA deals

Gangrel did two matches on the 5th and 12th of June for AJPW before returning to WWF in August. He's under Written Contract with WWF currently at the start when he hadn't wrestled for them since January. I'd change him to a one month PPA with AJPW under the name ' David Heath '. Will look up the video of it later to find out what gimmick he used.

Add Super Delfin to AJPW on a Three month contract.

Remove Abdullah The Butcher's Contract.

Remove George Hines' Contact, didn't wrestle at all from January 1997 to May 1999 that I can find.

Remove Rex King Contract

Remove Ricky Santana Contract

Remove Shinja (Akio Sato) Contract

Add Masao Inoue to AJPW

Add Makoto Hashi to AJPW

Taiyo Kea (No Contract) and Maunakea Mossman (AJPW) are the same person, I'd remove Mossman and give Kea the AJPW contract but change his name to Mossman. He changed his name over to Taiyo Kea in 1999.

Johnny Smith & Wolf Hawkfield should start as All Asia Champs, they won the belts 9th January 1998.

Guessing this is an error too :D

Anything else I find I'll post, will look up the rest of Japan when I get time.
Last edited by joemurphy on Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by The Verm » Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:04 am

Small note, Nash and Hall are set to be aligned together in the WCW Tag Turmoil storyline. This is incorrect, as the game starts after (and references) Hall turning on Nash and joining nWo Hollywood. Hall should likely be set to alignment with The Giant, with Sting and Nash being initially Neutral.

Worker avatar

Post by joemurphy » Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:55 am

NJPW Updates

Remove Bad News Allen , Great Sasuke , Hiroshi Hase , Yoshiaki Yatsu

Add Akitoshi Saito (Written) , Black Cat (Written) , Dr Wagner Jr (PPA) , Felino (1 Month PPA to allow him to finish BOSJ) , Hayato Nanjyo (1 Month PPA) , Kaz Hayashi (1 Month PPA) , Masakazu Fukuda (1 Month PPA) ,
Michiyoshi Ohara (Written) , Osamu Kido (Written) , Osamu Nishimura (3 Month Contract) , Tatsutoshi Goto (Written) , Yoshiaki Fujiwara (1 Month 1 Appearance) , Yuji Yasuraoka (3 Month Contract PPA)

Change Riki Choshu to Retired, can set him as Road Agent. He returned in July 2000 for one match then full time January 2001. Perhaps add that as a narrative to allow the player to set him back to active if they wish.

Change Hiro Saito from Occasional / Semi-Active to Full Time

Add Heisei Ishingun Stable
Members : Akitoshi Saito , Michiyoshi Ohara , Kengo Kimura , Shiro Koshinaka , Tatsutoshi Goto , Kuniaki Kobayashi

Post by ghensi » Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:14 am

Killer Kowalski's classic picture is set for Absolute Andy. (Also noticed this in Montreal Aftermath).

Worker avatar

Post by Stennick » Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:43 pm

jeanvic wrote:Secondly, why is Austin's popularity set at the highest of B+ outside of America but Hogan is set at A everywhere? Surely, at this point in wrestling history, Austin was the hottest thing going. You don't become the biggest draw in history by being less popular than Mr Bollea. Again, though, is there a reason for this

Austin was very hot but Austin had only became record breaking hot in the last four months at this point. Remember Austin's popularity wasn't even enough to defeat WCW until mid April of 1998. So I can't agree that four months of Austin being the hottest thing in the business displaces Hulk Hogan as the biggest name in wrestling for twenty years. Hogan was still very popular in the likes of Japan and Australia and other places. Even Canada loved Hogan at this time. For most of the world Hulk Hogan WAS wrestling and four months of Steve Austin on top wasn't enough to displace that in 98.

Post by wphill » Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:13 pm

The link to the data is currently missing?

Worker avatar

Dynasty: View Dynasty (7)

Post by Lucas » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:00 pm

Link to the data is there if you are logged in.

Only logged in users can download.
Head Administrator of Wrestling Nexus Boards.

Post by jeanvic » Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:09 am

Stennick wrote:
Austin was very hot but Austin had only became record breaking hot in the last four months at this point. Remember Austin's popularity wasn't even enough to defeat WCW until mid April of 1998. So I can't agree that four months of Austin being the hottest thing in the business displaces Hulk Hogan as the biggest name in wrestling for twenty years. Hogan was still very popular in the likes of Japan and Australia and other places. Even Canada loved Hogan at this time. For most of the world Hulk Hogan WAS wrestling and four months of Steve Austin on top wasn't enough to displace that in 98.

That's fair enough.

Post by Big Mikey » Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:26 pm

Any chance you will be releasing the pdf that you do with your mods? Love those.

Worker avatar

Post by Gabriel » Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:48 pm

Magnitude Kishiwada should be listed as Toryu, with Kishiwada and Toyonari Fujita as alter-egos.
Tony Mamaluke should be listed as Casanova Jones or CG Afi, with Mamaluke as an alter-ego.

Post by Crossface » Mon Sep 05, 2016 12:33 pm

Hey guys,

I love all your mods and just got a chance to finally sit down and play AoW a little bit. I'm playing as WWF and I thought I'd share some of my observations and maybe it can help you for the next release:

--Dan Severn auto-pushes to "personality" and I can't quite figure out why
--WWF starts with 50,000,000 starting cash--seems high to me. I'd drop it to 25 mil.
--I watched a Raw from June 1st to help get me in the right from of mind and think "Aguila" was "Papi Chulo" by this point
--Are there a true "LOD 2000" pics around for the mSp?
--I would say Jim Ross and Michael Cole and Jim Ross and Kevin Kelly should have experience (probably low). Vince should have experience with Lawler and Ross as well. They were a 3-man booth for a good chunk of 96-97.
--Terry Funk and Scorpio should be set as an occasional tag team with low experience
--Terri Runnels should no longer be set as Marlena
--The Goldust alter ego has no profile text (if you want, I'd be happy to craft something for you?)
--Starting storylines: DoA vs LOD 2000 and Taka (with Bradshaw set as minor ally) vs. Kaientai
--This one will be controversial probably, but I feel as though the Rock is way over-powered as in-ring performer in this game (and probably has too much pop too...). Yes he was popular--but I'd argue he didn't really take off until his series with Foley after Deadly Games. His psych, in 1998, should be maybe high 60s? I mean he's only been wrestling for a few years and he's not exactly Bret Hart out there....From my understanding, Austin always led in their big matches, Hogan led in their big match, and I believe HHH and Foley led their matches as well.
--That being said, I feel as though both Owen Hart and Jeff Jarrett are severely under-rated in the star-quality department. (You could probably add Regal to that as well) Particularly JJ who was face of WCW and (obviously) TNA. I don't think that these guys should be in the 80's, but def. at least 70 I would think. Sable is another one who I feel should get a SQ boost. She was probably #3 most popular act behind Austin and DX in late 98. Seems that Owen, JJ, and Regal have lowers SQ than in previous mod squad productions like TGA (although I haven't actually compared in depthly)
--June is the month for the Brawl for All...should Dr Death be signed to WWF? Also Quebecer Pierre? I believe the Brawl for All began on June 29th, the same Raw that featured Regal's debut (who you have starting with the WWF).
-Cornette should have some "owner" skills seeing he ran Smokey Mountain. He has some booking but no Owner... Terry Funk should probably get some Owning and Booking skills as well.
--Can you add Gary Hart to the data? He's one of my favorite avatars. He did make a return to pro wrestling with Court Bauer and MLW in 2000ish... It would also help because it seems the game world is short on American owners and bookers at game start.

Anyway--I hope that comes off as helpful feedback and not criticism. I really love the mod (as well as the other mod squad projects!) I'll happy share more feedback as I continue gameplay and get to explore the data a lot more.

Worker avatar

Post by Gabriel » Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:12 am

Takashi Iizuka defaults to being a road agent, but should be an active wrestler for New Japan.

Worker avatar

Post by joemurphy » Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:04 pm

Crossface wrote:Hey guys,

I love all your mods and just got a chance to finally sit down and play AoW a little bit. I'm playing as WWF and I thought I'd share some of my observations and maybe it can help you for the next release:

--Dan Severn auto-pushes to "personality" and I can't quite figure out why

Had this problem too, not sure why it's happening.

Crossface wrote:--June is the month for the Brawl for All...should Dr Death be signed to WWF? Also Quebecer Pierre? I believe the Brawl for All began on June 29th, the same Raw that featured Regal's debut (who you have starting with the WWF).

Dr Death starts the game with one month left in his written contract with AJPW, if the user wants to sign him for Brawl for All you should be able to do so. He had his last match in AJPW on 12th June and his first match with WWF on 14th July. Quebecer Pierre was under contract before Brawl for All so just seems like a slight oversight as he was taken off TV for all of June in preparation for BFA.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Companies to change Starting Owenership from Preferred to Mandatory
- Insane Championship Wrestling
- K-Dojo (Taka is usually still with WWF so someone random starts them, had a young Tomohiro Ishii once)
- Revolution Pro
- Wrestle-1

Companies with no Power Structure
- Lucha Underground
- Pro Wrestling Guerrilla
- PROGRESS

Worker avatar

Post by Stennick » Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:11 am

Eddie Guerrero has low potential in AOW. Dan Severn has an 80 in SQ. Juvy's potential was set to low as well. Scott's Steiner's potential is set to very low in 1998 that seems weird to me since 98 is the first year he really took off.

Post by kesselll » Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:37 pm

Let me start with hello, greetings from ... asbury ... no ... wait, greetings from UK, although I'm Polish, so my english is so-so, sometimes.

I think Eddie was almost finished product in WCW. Year 1998 is his feud with Chavo and later formation of Latino Order if i'm correct. Since then he only improved his mic and acting skill (in WWF/WWE) and bulked up a bit due to steroids. In fact, i think in 1998 toned is not what i would use, i'd rather class him as a ripped. I believe low potential seems just enough for him - leaves him a space to develop, but not too much. (Same for Juvi)

I totaly agree with the problem of Severns 80 SQ, he was menacing, but never looked like a star, and probably 50-60 would be much better.

Scott Steiner: he did not peaked in 1998, but much earlier. I think phisicaly in 1998 he was on the other side of a hill, and could not go any further. Hi's career later took off in WCW to the top of cards due to his charisma, look, and still in-ring skill + no competition from other workers (WCW lost their best asset/young prospect - jericho) He was bit weak on mic (i would change it to 70 for the start of scenario, really), but later improved on that. his low potential seems ok.

BTW - 39 mic skill for Luger? And to think that couple of years back he was in WWF, who was trying to make him the next Hulk. He was not that bad. Deadwood in a ring but not as that bad on mic.

Worker avatar

Post by Gabriel » Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:41 pm

I would add Black Cat to the database, as I could not seem to find him listed under any of his names.

Also, I would suggest changing New Japan's product definition so that Mainstream is at Medium, as it becomes impossible to run the company with any sense of realism while being forced to advance angles on every show.

Worker avatar

Post by Genadi » Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:39 am

Thank you very much to everyone who's posted feedback etc, I really appreciate it and will definitely incorporate into next version :)

Post by Crossface » Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:14 pm

Also just noticed Sting and Luger are lacking tag team experience. Might want to add that?

Worker avatar

Post by Gabriel » Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:27 pm

-Joe Applebaumer needs to be added
-Steve Rizzono needs to be added
-Damien Steele needs to be added
-Dynamite D needs to be added
-Jake Lawless needs to be added
-Johnny Webb needs to be added
-Supreme needs to be added
-Disco Machine needs to be added.
-Piloto Suicida needs to be added
-Rising Son needs to be added
-Ultrataro Jr. needs to be added
-John Kronus should be more Liberal to allow for Deathmatches.

Worker avatar

Post by YoungNoble » Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:19 pm

I just started a game with ECW and noticed that they do not have a PPV deal. They began running PPV in 97 and did so until the end. Thanks again for the mod.

I am also watching the TVs from the time, and it looks like Lance Wright, Ulf Herman, and Jack Victory should be added to the roster. They all appeared at May's A Matter of Respect and stuck around for a while.

Mikey Whipwreck could use a bump in pop, especially in Tri-State, IMO. He autopushes pretty low on the roster

Same with Spike. He was involved in a pretty hot story with The Dudleys and Tommy/Sandman.

Jamie Dundee was in as a heel at this point, as well. He was gone by the end of June, so maybe a one month contract or one with very limited remaining dates?

Beulah's last appearance was in May. She should be set to On Hiatus or Out of the Business. She didn't come back until One Night Stand in 2005.
Last edited by YoungNoble on Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Worker avatar

Post by YoungNoble » Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:34 pm

Bill Eadie and Barry Darsow are not linked to their WWF Tag reign

Worker avatar

Post by YoungNoble » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:17 pm

Tony Devito & Sal E Graziano are missing from the data

Post by Ecklesias » Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:32 pm

Picpack link is off :(

Dynasty: View Dynasty (16)

Post by alvarasus » Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:20 pm

Ecklesias wrote:Picpack link is off :(

Their is a new MsP out for WCW lives and Death of WCW thats why the pic pack link has been removed for this one. So if you have downloaded that pic pack for them mods it will work.

Worker avatar

Post by YoungNoble » Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:13 pm

I don't know if anyone is still updating this, but I just started a game as WWF and they are missing Skull & 8Ball. I'll post anything else I notice that has not been mentioned above.

Post by hammerglenn » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:25 pm

YoungNoble wrote:I don't know if anyone is still updating this, but I just started a game as WWF and they are missing Skull & 8Ball. I'll post anything else I notice that has not been mentioned above.

I'm sure it's the same reason that Jesus and Jose where left out of the WWF roster in the Montreal Aftermath mod. It's to reduce the size to make the gameplay run smoother. We will look into it though.

Worker avatar

Post by Filth » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:20 am

YoungNoble wrote:I don't know if anyone is still updating this, but I just started a game as WWF and they are missing Skull & 8Ball. I'll post anything else I notice that has not been mentioned above.

In the OP, it says why their specific contracts were removed. Don & Ron Harris.

Post by mortiis » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:23 am

pic pack link doesnt work anymore

Worker avatar

Post by Gungner » Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:43 pm

Why doesn't Ron & Don Harris have contracts with WWF? They did appear several times during 98 and 99 as Disciples of Apocalypse... So maybe give them PPA contracts?

Worker avatar

Post by Lucas » Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:52 pm

Gungner wrote:Why doesn't Ron & Don Harris have contracts with WWF? They did appear several times during 98 and 99 as Disciples of Apocalypse... So maybe give them PPA contracts?

Roster push balance was the reason. IIRC this is mentioned in the release notes.

Worker avatar

Post by Gungner » Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:29 am

Yeah, I saw that after I had written the message. Sorry :/

However, another small thing: The DB starts in June, and Gangrel is on the main roster. He didn't make his debut until August, so maybe throw him in development or something? Like I said, it's a minor thing.

Worker avatar

Post by Lucas » Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:13 am

I will have to redownload 1998 and check but that's a good shout yeah. How are you finding your save so far?

Worker avatar

Post by Gungner » Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:58 pm

I'm enjoying it very much. I'm getting way more 100 rated matches and angles than I've ever done before :p
Not a complaint, just a little funny. I've just entered September, with SummerSlam getting a rating of 100, thus raising it to legendary status. Problem with these constant high grades, is that when my last RAW "only" scored an 87, I thought "Well that was a bad show..." But, fight through the bad times and what not :p

Topic prefixes:

Return to Downloads